cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy 10+ Backordered

Cameron85
I'm a participant level 3

I ordered this phone back on 2019-12-28, got a notification saying it was back ordered, and will take up to 2 weeks to ship.  It's been 16 days now, and no one can offer literally any other update than, it's still back ordered.  Needing my phone for work, this is really inconvenient, can anyone offer any insight to this?

8 REPLIES 8

FidoSaira

Hello @Cameron85@JohnnyPD

Welcome to the Community!

We understand how exciting and important it is for you to get your new phone as soon as possible and we're doing everything we can to ship it to you as soon as possible! The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is a highly popular phone and for that reason, it is currently back-ordered. As soon as we receive them and ship it to you, you'll receive an email confirmation. The current ETA is 2+ weeks.

That said, it is possible to cancel the order if it hasn't been treated yet and get one from a store if they have it available. You simply need to contact us and we'll help you with that. We can also send you a PM right here if that is what you prefer. It's good to know that once the order is cancelled, you'd have to place a new once through the store.

Let us know!

Cameron85

So you are saying that the Current ETA is 2+ weeks from now???, that would be over a month from the original order.  If I cancel this order, can you assure that I will get the same deal in store?

Hello @Cameron85, if you cancel the order and the promotion is not available then you will not be able to get it. Also, some promotions are exclusive to online only and are not offered in stores.  

Cameron85

This is not a very good business model if true, thats crazy. 

Hello @Cameron85,

Sorry, you feel that way but Fido is honoring whatever deal you got it's just that the phone is on backorder.

If they can't send you the phone you order anymore then that's different, if you cancel it then you can not expect to get the same deal if it's not available anymore.

Cameron85

In any other industry if you try to pull this, you don't have a job anymore, why should it be different.  If in store they have the exact same phone, I cannot comprehend why fido would not be able to honor the deal I was offered.  Any other industry this would be considered shady, why shouldn't it be for fido.   If I cannot offer an accurate eta in my industry, I lose my job.  This is quite baffling. 

Hey @Cameron85,

We understand where you're coming from and we're doing everything that we can to restock and send off all orders.

That would be 2-3 weeks from the moment the phone went out of stock. You'll receive an email confirmation once the order is processed and another one once we have a tracking number. 

Keep us posted if you get anything in the next few days. 

JohnnyPD
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there, 

I second this. I also placed an order, but ended up never receiving a notice stating it was backordered until a about a week after I placed the order. For someone with a need for a new phone I might as well visit telecom brick and mortar. Surely there has to be some accurate ETA, or ability to cancel the order? Please let me know as well, thanks