cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52s

Samyaa7
I'm a participant level 2

Samsung Galaxy A52s A528B 5G Dual 256GB 8GB RAM Factory Unlocked (GSM Only | No CDMA - not Compatible with Verizon/Sprint) International Version

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Samyaa7,

Welcome to the community!

I assume you would like to know whether that particular device would work on Fido. As far as I can tell, these appear to be the specifications for that device:

2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 SIM 1 & SIM 2

3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100

4G bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 26, 40, 41, 66

5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6

~taken from here.

According to those specifications, that phone should have many of the compatible bands/frequencies used on the networks (see here). While the phone should work on the networks, you should note that since the phone was not purchased from Fido (and is not a Canadian version),  it's unlikely certain features (ie voLTE and/or Wifi-calling) will work.

It should also be mentioned that the particular version in which you are interested may have a different set of specifications. It would be best to obtain the actual specifications for your particular device.

It should further be mentioned that Fido is not currently offering 5G services. You would need to verify whether that device is compatible with the 5G networks if you chose to seek those services.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Samyaa7

That was very helpful.  thank you