cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting refund for non usage of sim

tiwaria
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all, I am a chatr customer who was converted to a Fido customer when I accepted some promotional offer. I never received the Fido SIM card in the mail and I continued using chatr.

Now I have a 250cad bill I owe to Fido because they started the account and started charging me monthly even when the sim they issued was never activated. 
I made the payment as I missed the Fido emails and didn't close the account earlier. Is there anyway I can get a refund and a report from Fido confirming I never used the sim service? I will use the report to dispute the credit score deduction. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tiwaria,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. However, you should note that post-paid services are different from pre-paid services like Chatr. The service start date occurs when you initially activated the line, not when you first use the services (see Terms & Conditions; section 2b). Once the line is active, you pay for the services whether you use them or not. You could activate a line and not put the SIM in a device for six months; you would still be responsible for paying for the six months of service.

Unfortunately, if the line was activated, it's unlikely you'll be able to receive a refund for those services. That said, if you would like to discuss your account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

tiwaria

Thanks for the reply! I was on call with customer service as I made this post Smiley

Update:

Customer Service was very nice and helpful! They have said they will issue a refund and the next report they send to the credit agency should make it clear to them that they should revert my credit score deductions. I will wait a month to see if these things work out or not. Fido has the data that clearly shows I did not activate the sim and did not use any Fido services.
Right now I am optimisitacally hopeful that all will be well!