Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Removing a included app

Sarahg6
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello to everyone

i have the peel remote app on my samsung s6 phone and i hate it. It came installed in the phone so all i can do is disable it but it always seems to reinstall itself . How do i uninstall it permanently ?

Please help 

2 REPLIES 2

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Those are apps that is included in Samsung phone and not the "bloatware" that comes form Fido (My account, Spoify, Fido Taxi service...etc).  Unfortunely they can only be disabled and not uninstalled.

Don't spend your time contacting Samsung either as they will tell you the same thing.

There is a way to get rid of it perminantly, and that is by rooting your phone and deleting it at the root level.  By rooting your phone, google pay and many other security related apps will not work. 

CAUTION: Rooting your phone or unlocking bootloader might void your warranty or worst might render your phone unusable if not done correctly.  Myself or Fido will not (and cannot) be made responsible if you choose to go that route.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sarahg6,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I looked into this and it seems that the app can only be disabled at the moment. Have you tried contacting Samsung directly to see if they can help?

@Community, does anyone have more info to share on this?