Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote hotspot failure

Sue15
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

i've just changed my mobile plan to 120GB one. And it's not possible to use personal network(hotspot) at my tablet pc(ipad) and it said 'Remote hotspot failure / unable to start personal hotspot'.

So i'm wonrdering that it's possible to connect the other devices with hotspot with this plan.

And also if it is, is there any other plans that i can use hotspot? I'm looking for the plan at least 50GB datas with unlimited call and msg.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sue15,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with using the hotspot function. Am I correct in reading that you are not able to connect to a hotspot using your iPad? What device are you using with your 120 GB mobile plan? Is it an iPhone? I assume that device was used to create the hotspot.

As far as I am aware, I don't believe there are any restrictions on mobile plans regarding hotspots. Have you tried to connect other devices to the hotspot? It's possible the error you received is due to an Apple feature (Instant Hotspot). Have you verified both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID? Do both devices have Wifi and bluetooth enabled? This page may have some additional information.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers