cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price matching Samsung Galaxy S8

Rajcheema
I'm a participant level 2

I posted my concern yesterday and they deleted as they say dun mention any pricing info. But this is community forum, Don't they wanna be transparent?
I guess they dun want other customers to know that they have to price match with other service providers!

I want to buy Samsung Galaxy S8 from fido but other service providers are selling at lower cost! Any help!

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rajcheema,

I understand the other providers' offers you mentioned in your other post seem to be better. However, have you calculated the total cost over two years? The other providers offered a lower initial cost for the device. However, both of the providers you mentioned had monthly plans which cost more than Fido's plans (for similar services).

Do the math.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Rajcheema
It's about device price match not plan price match! I know already all the things you mentioned.

Fido never offers price match on their plans when other providers have better plans!
And I dun expect them to price match it anyway!

At least they can price match the phone!

It's customers like us who have been with them at fault too! Coz these guys think they have a monopoly in Canada as a result they never make their price plans more affordable.

CRTC should not have allowed company likes Rogers to Buy Fido and Chatr to buy Mobilicity!

That's not good for the consumer in telecommunications Industry!

Things are already so expensive what they gonna do in next 10 yrs!

@Rajcheema wrote:
It's about device price match not plan price match! I know already all the things you mentioned.
And I dun expect them to price match it anyway!

At least they can price match the phone!..

Hello again,

How exactly do you expect they price match the device without matching the plan? As noted earlier, the other providers you mentioned have monthly plans which cost more than Fido's plans (for similar services). That is, their plans incorporate more subsidy for the phone. The other providers aren't offering you a free phone, they just increased the amount you pay monthly for it. Expecting Fido to match the upfront cost of the phone but not adjust the cost of their plans accordingly is not very reasonable at all.

Did you actually do the math?!?

@Rajcheema wrote:
Fido never offers price match on their plans when other providers have better plans!

It's true Fido rarely price match plans. However, when determining which plans are better, it's important to note that not all of the providers offer the same services. Some providers can offer cheaper plans because they offer lesser services. For example, Chatr does not offer LTE; Public Mobile does not offer customer service; Freedom Mobile's network has smaller coverage...

If you want a Samsung Galaxy S8, expect to pay for it -- whether it be purchased outright or fully subsidised. Don't expect to get one for free (or at a significant discount).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Rajcheema,

Thanks for reaching out. We do believe in transparency, however your post has to follow our Terms of use as posted right here .

We sent you a pm to help out and we're waiting on a reply to take a closer look Smiley

Thanks!