Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Match for Z-Fold 4

Keither179
I'm a participant level 2

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if Fido will price match devices? I am presently looking at the Z-Fold 4 and notice a big gap between Fido and Rogers.fido.pngrogers.png

If anyone has had experience with this that would be awesome!

4 REPLIES 4

Keither179

Thank you guys! That was really helpful for my understanding! And yes the website appears to be corrected now Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Keither179,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, it should be mentioned that Fido does not generally price match (devices or plans) on an individual basis.

Secondly, there isn't an actual price gap between the providers for that device. What you note are differing finance options. Rogers (and some of the other providers) have started to offer lease-type financing (Upfront Edge, Device Return Option, Bring-It-Back). That is, rather than having to pay a down payment upfront, they offer take back the device at the end of the contract or you can pay the remaining balance to keep the device.

You should note that Fido does not offer any lease-type financing. They will only finance the full cost of the device with down payment, if necessary.

If you notice on the website, both Fido and Rogers' offers include the same amount of monthly credit ($30.46). While Fido requires a down payment of $1470 and a monthly payment of $33.25 (after bill credit), Rogers' offer is $44.92 monthly (after bill credit) with a $1190 Upfront Edge device credit.  **Values taken Sept. 26, 2022**

If you do the math:

Fido: $1470 + ($33.25 x 24 months) + ($30.46 x 24 months) = $2999.04

Rogers: ($44.92 x 24 months) + ($30.46 x 24 months)  + $1190 = $2999.12

Both offers are very similar to the stated Full price of $2999.00 on the website.

Some people might prefer full financing while others might prefer going with a lease-type offer. However, if you wish to keep the device after your contract, the total cost of the device would be the same.

Aside: It should be noted that the monthly costs shown are usually after bill credit. It's important to realise that the cost of the device isn't actually getting reduced. Customers are receiving a credit to offset the cost of the device. If the contract ends early, you would still be required to pay the remaining balance of the device. For example, with Fido, the remaining balance would be $63.71 x remaining months, not $33.25 x remaining months as the monthly credit would no longer apply.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

I apologise for not noticing the price discrepancy between your image and that shown on Fido.ca. I saw the down payment amount and assumed the offer was the same. That said, I think the prices shown in your screen capture are a result of a technical error.

As mentioned, the down payment amount is the same as advertised on the website (Sept 26, 2022) yet shows different monthly payments. In addition, the monthly payment before bill credits appears to show $124.96. I think that amount would be the monthly cost without any down payment. That is, $124.96 x 24 months = $2999.04 (full cost of the device).

You might consider contacting customer service to verify the proper financing offer available to you. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

**edit** Attn @FidoSolutions: Upon further inspection, the discrepancy also appears on Fido.ca. The device selection page shows what appears to be the proper amounts. However, when the device is selected, it shows a down payment with monthly payments for the full price of the device (see images below).

Galaxy Fold 4 a.jpg

Galaxy Fold 4 b.jpg

~taken from Fido.ca September 26, 2022.

Please foward this discrepancy to the appropriate department**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @Keither179,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

After verifying once again, the price seems to be corrected on our website. Are you still seeing the same discrepancy

Let us know!