Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 5 call drops

sangeet29
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello

I recently upgraded to the Pixel 5 in January and the phone was functioning wonderfully, however the last week or so I have been having issues.

The phone has been dropping a lot of phone calls, and then gets stuck when hanging up the dropped call.

I use this device for work, and i cannot afford to have these dropped calls 2-3 times a day.

Is there a work around or do i have to go through warranty for a replacement?

And, if there's a replacement will it be a refurbished device or a new one? Or is that something i have to go after Google for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

sangeet29

Unfortunately the network reset didnt help Sad 

Will contact customer service next and see what other steps will follow that 

@sangeet29 contact customer service and ask to do a reset to switch its best to contact them from another phone as your call will be disconnected when they do it. If it does not help a factory reset would be the next step before a warranty claim with Google.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @sangeet29,

I'm currently using a pixel 5 myself and haven't experienced this issue.

Make sure your phone app and your software are updated.

Try doing a network reset and you can contact customer service and ask them to do a reset to switch if that does not help do a factory reset. If the problem still persists then you will need to contact Google for warranty repairs whether you get a new or refurbished device is unknown.

sangeet29

Hello @KAPABLE-K 

I appreciate the feedback, it's good to know that it's not an issue affecting all Pixel users.

I'll try doing a network reset and then proceed from there.

Thanks again!