Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 XL came with a dead cable

valdrinrashica
I'm a participant level 2

Hi everyone,

so I just recently became a Fido customer and purchased a new Google Pixel 2 XL.

The phone was purchased on December 11/2017

I have used the phone every day since I purchased it but I never used the charger or the wall plug because I already had one that I owned and did not want to ruin my new charger. I finally decided to use it because I needed a fast charge but upon plugging it in my cable was not working. I am not entirely sure if it is just the cable or the wall plug. Is there anything fido can do to help replace this cable and possibly the wall plug, I tried going to a kiosk but they said I passed the 15-day return policy or whatever and were just very dry with me. I tried to reach out to google but everything told me I had to go through the company I bought it from.

Please HELP as it sucks to buy a new phone with a broken charger right out of the box.

with great hope to a solution,

Valdrin

3 REPLIES 3

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @valdrinrashica & welcome to the Community!

If you're within 30 days of the purchase, you simply need to go to a Fido Corporate store with your proof of purchase to have the charger exchanged.

Hope this helps. Smiley

valdrinrashica

Hey @FidoMaria ,

Thanks for getting back to me! I called Fido customer service earlier today and they were no help they just said i have to go to the manufacturer and get them to replace it because fido wont do it after the first 15 days...

Is there any written proof you can direct me to that states they should replace it within 30 days and not their qouted15 days.

thanks in advance,

Valdrin Rashica!

@valdrinrashica I can't find it on our website, however it is in our internal policies under the After-Sales Policy.

Our reps would have access to this. Smiley