cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone support gave false info about iPhone 5 reservation

Ccasdf
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I reserved a 16 gb modle this morning as fido did not offer the 32 gb model at that time, so I called 611 at 6pm p.t., and told them I want to change it to 32gb as fido is now offering, the supervisor there told me fido only offer 16 gb. That's wrong. I cancelled my reservation later and reserve it again, all models are available online. So the phone support staffs know nothing about it. Totally waste my time!

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@Ccasdf wrote:
I reserved a 16 gb modle this morning as fido did not offer the 32 gb model at that time, so I called 611 at 6pm p.t., and told them I want to change it to 32gb as fido is now offering, the supervisor there told me fido only offer 16 gb. That's wrong. I cancelled my reservation later and reserve it again, all models are available online. So the phone support staffs know nothing about it. Totally waste my time!

They didn't lie. The other models were legitimately not made available. It was only later in the day that they decided to make them available. Whether this was a planned reversal or not, it was in fact true that the other models were not made available.

mosesol
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Have any of you guys recently have an "in progress" status on your iphone 5 reservation. My position in line went from 890 to 661. Does anyone know If I have a chance of getting it on launch date? I know people with rogers under position 1000 got an "in progress" status already.