cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone(s) "selection" (lack thereof)

Philo
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hello  This is my second 'check-in' on the topic of device selection.

The "lack" of selection is abysmal.

I think if I were a Fido representative, it would almost be embarrassing.

Four months brings me to 18 years with Fido & new contract time.

Are there new devices on their way? HTC, Nexus, LG, Moto X? Not everyone is in love with Samsung. I'm not. (There's a lot of 'current' phones kicking around out there).

And No, I shouldn't have to "check in occasionally" to see if the selection has been brought up-to-date.

Any 'relevant' response would be appreciated.

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoFaiza

Hi Philo, 

We can't comment on devices we haven't officially launched yet. We're also not told ahead of time when a certain product would become available.

Don't forget that you can always bring an unlocked phone to use on our network Smiley

Philo
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

"We don't know what's (not) coming. We can't respond". That stock "house" answer is really getting old.

Almost 18 years, I've never used the "better get it together or I'm moving on". Not using it now, but this subsidiary of (Rogers) really needs a management 'gut check'. Most all 'Mom & Pop' cafes do a better customer relations job .

The company just can't keep shuffling along with the latest dog images, and "zero" refreshed & current product. Surely someone in the big office must recognize this? Wouldn't you think?

Please don't have a company rep. respond with an asinine "house" answer. It's insulting to me & any Fido clients reading this.

Best regards.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It's awfully telling that the last Fido rep I talked too was rocking the HTC M9. I inquired where he got it from and he said the Rogers rep gave it to him. So I guess Fido is okay with their employees having access to the top tier devices just not the idiots like us who pay for them.

mike

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I, for one, find it appalling that Fido had no problem peddling Motorola, HTC etc devices right up until they started producing really nice smartphones. Fido will give you the hamburger but once a company makes steak available Fido is out of the game. Of course you can go buy any device you like but that sort of makes any Fido dollars useless.

mike

Fido_User_0090
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I also found this pathetic from Fido and still do...

What did you guys do to Motorola?? That seems to be the biggest problem...

No Moto X, 6, G(Not the LTE version fido had, but the real one), and No more Nexus 5?

Right now they have one Windows phone? Great Selection!
Nokia Lumia 830(Which has terrible specs)

And 10 Android phones? Most of which are lame... 

Fido, You guys really have to reamp your selection!