cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P20 pro PIE OTA update?

bearback
I'm a contributor level 1

Just waiting on my new p20 pro to arrive and wonder if Fido hae rolled out the PIE update yet?

Has anyone updated OTA?

34 REPLIES 34

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

So I was right that something was not right from day 1. Honestly, leaving the update to .. 

Weirdly, I was level 3 contributor this morning now I am level 2... is that also fido ...

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

@ryadav wrote:

So I was right that something was not right from day 1. Honestly, leaving the update to .. 

Weirdly, I was level 3 contributor this morning now I am level 2... is that also fido ...

@ryadav You actually ranked up from Participant Level 3 to Contributor Level 2. The Contributor Level 3 rank is earned when you've made 50 or more posts. Smiley

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

If I receive the update today I'll send you a dozen roses. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

You and me both. This OTA update was supposed to arrive in November and I know in Asia and Europe they already have it available  In fact you can simply dload the software directly from Huawei if you're fortunate enough to live in those countries. I wonder why us North Americans always seem to be the last ones to get the updates? I love my Huawei P20 Pro but the one thing I miss about owning Pixel devices is the immediate access to the most up to date OS.

I know I could visit FunkyHuawei and get access to Android 9.0 but I'm not paying for software I should already have for free  

bearback

Yep, phone is bnib, not yet activated so I'm wondering about swapping it to a pixel 3 xl with pie out the box.

bearback

switched on and its version 111. Updated to 120 via hisuite but its not till 156 that disables master ai so weve a long way to go...

FidoStephen

Hey @bearback, Android P rollout for the P20 Pro begins today! Keep an eye out for it. Smiley

bearback

I've spent the day refreshing the 'check for updates' on my phone and in hisuite.....
Still checking Wink 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

How do you have hisuite on your p20 pro? I thought that was unavailable in Canada? I’m curious if anyone has actually received the OTA update yet?

bearback

Hisuite downloaded to my pc, phone connected via usb.

Hello Bearback,

Welcome to the community!

According to the OS Upgrade schedule, the Android P update for the Huawei P20 Pro is expected December. I understand we are currently in December, but I wouldn't expect it until they post a roll-out start date.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

bearback

Thanks Catwu, Huaweis rollout has already started though

Hello again,

Are you sure Huawei has rolled out the update for the Canadian version (CLT-L04) of the phone? I understand the some versions of the phone (ie CLT-L09 in Europe, see here) have already had the roll out started. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the roll out for the Canadian variant has also begun. Unfortunately, Canada tends to get its releases later than some other countries.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers