cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered by phone(611), can I know my position in line??

aaa123213
I'm a participant level 3

I ordered iphone5 16gb white on 21st by phone while I was negotiate with a retention rep. I got a email from Fido on 23rd with my order number and it said my order is still being processed.

It seems people who used the reservation system can know their position in line. Does anyone know if someone like me ordered by phone also can know the position in line??  

***Edited to add labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Rosieb77
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Not fair.. I called first thing on the 21st and was told that I couldn't order over the phone. Im really starting to re-think staying with Fido - My friends from Bell, Rogers already received theirs

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I'm not surprised you would be a bit angry with Fido. Unfortunately, it seems like the iPhone 5 shipments are going to get more bottlenecked... Considering Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers, Rogers may control how many shipments Fido gets. Also, considering Apple is expanding to more countries & more regional carriers in the U.S., good luck on finding one from Fido anytime soon.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

Jsf

Apparently, it's in Lachine now (I'm in Montreal), so it will probably get delivered today or tomorrow at the latest. Sweet.

So glad I ordered by phone Wink

Jsf

I just got the e-mail that it has been shipped with the tracking number. It says it could take up to 7 business days to arrive, which would take me straight to the Oct. 5 deadline I was given on the phone. It probably will arrive sooner than that though.

aaa123213

UPS tracking says mine will be delivered to me tomorrow, 27th!

Maybe it's because I'm living in downtown Toronto.

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Thanks for the clarification Mod Stephen!

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Smiley

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

The only way to check your position in line is via your "My Account" when you login to Fido online. Once you go to "My Account", you'll see a yellow button for "Phone Reservation". Click that and it'll render the details for your reservartion (including what position you are in line).

iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

FidoStephen

Hi everyone,

If the order was placed by phone, the Reservation System was not used. It was simply a phone order, so you will not see your position in the queue. The dates given to you would be the maximum delivery delay.

Jsf

I am also curious about this. I think the rep told me it would arrive by Oct. 5 latest, but that it probably wouldn't take that long. I recevied an e-mail saying that my order was processed and there was a PDF file attached that said it was on back order.

I'm curious as to how long it will take to be shipped out.

aaa123213

I just got an email confirmation that my phone has been shipped today including tracking numbers.

I think it's pretty fast as I ordered it on 21st at 3~4pm something.

Jsf

Cool.

Hopefully I get an e-mail tomorrow, since I called 611 on Saturday, Sep. 22 at 9 AM.

I ordered the 16GB Black though, so I hope I don't have to wait longer.

Thanks for the update.