Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3T with Fido LTE

DRaydB
I'm a participant level 2

Hey!

First time poster with a curiosity question.

I'm in my 3rd week with the new OnePlus 3T and the phone is wonderful. The unlocked phone connected instantly to the Fido network after inserting the sim card, with no configuration necessary whatsoever (APN/Port/etc.--- information was autofilled).

The one thing that irks me somewhat is that there is no indication I am connected to an LTE network - the icon displayed on the phone simply reads 4G. This didn't concern me initially as I know LTE is a 4G technology, but I have since seen some screenshots from 3T users in other markets where an LTE icon is clearly visible.

My connection speeds are respectable and in-line with what I'd expect from an LTE network (a test conducted a moment ago shows DL = 54.07Mbps / UL = 19.12 Mbps), but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something more here.

Are any other OnePlus 3T users successfully connected to Fido LTE? 

Thanks!

**Edited to add label

3 REPLIES 3

i3kc
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi.

I had a similar issue with my ASUS Zenfone 3.  If you type 
*#*#4636#*#* in dialler key pad, you'll get access to "Device information".  From there, you can confirm your "Network type".  It should confirm that you are on the "LTE".

As your phone is made for an "international" market, the connection icon will show "4G".  "LTE"  is a North American marketing term as the rest of the world uses "4G" to signify "LTE" network.   As such, You'll mainly see the "LTE" icons on phones made for our domestic market.

Hope this helps.

DRaydB

I was able to confrim that I am indeed connected to the LTE network thanks to your dialler trick @i3kc. Smiley

With regards to your theory about the phone having been designated for the international market I sort of suspected the same, but figured I'd reach out and see if someone had a conclusive answer for me.

In any case, I appreciate your response - thanks for taking the time!

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @DRaydB! Very_Happy

Although the phone was automatically configured, I would suggest making sure you have the right information in there. You can check how to set up an unlocked device here. As for the LTE, the phone is compatible with all our bands. 

What @i3kc mentioned could be a reason why you can't view LTE but 4G instead.