cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA update for Galaxy Nexus / 4.1.1 / Jelly Bean?

borises
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Any official word as to when I can expect to see an OTA update for Jelly bean on my Gnex?

Thanks! 

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

camster30
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
my wife and i both have the nexus s, she got 4.1.1 this afternoon, however, im still waiting. both are fido's

Hey camster30!

The updates are pushed gradually. Not everyone is getting it at the same time as if it was the case, the network and servers would crash.

You should get it shortly.

dpetite
I'm a contributor level 1

OK, so 4.1.1 is being released slowly since late July to Fido customers.  But what about earlier updates?  Since I got the phone in Feb no updates have been pushed.  Based on reading the various forum posts here, others at Fido with various Galaxy devices have already received 4.0.4.  I am still at 4.0.1 as it was when I bought the device.

It would be logical that Fido / Google / Samsung would have already pushed at least one update.

Any thoughts?

Hey dpetite!

Have you tried to push the update to your phone?

You may manually search for the update by going in Settings - About phone - Software update.

I hope that this will help resolving your issue.

dpetite

Judhy; I have tried all the tricks listed in the various internet forums for forcing/encouraging the updates get to my Nexus, outside of rooting it. 

No luck.

Should I be calling Fido Tech Support and starting the long stroll through the scripts?

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey borises!

I invite you to take a look at the following thread for an official reply from us about the update:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/5174/page/1