cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nougat 7.0 update now no Chromecast

ZenOps
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

On an LG Gpad III 8.0 FHD, was happy to see see Nougat 7.0 install today.  Nothing has changed in my setup other than the update to 7.0

So far everything else seems to work, but Chromecast v2 will no longer let me screen mirror.  Regular chromecasting by using the Gpad as a simple remote works fine, but no mirroring.

Router is an TP-link Archer V7 the one that is supposed to be surefire working with chromecast.

Help!  I need the screen mirroring.  I did buy the Gpad III on the idea that it would work for this purpose, full cash outright (only to find out a few months later you guys were giving it away with two year contract).

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Community

Wanted to update this older thread. Not all devices are optimized for screen casting. You can check out this list here to see if your device is one of them. Smiley 

If it's not on this list, it's not guaranteed that screen casting will work. 

Hope this helps! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@ZenOps Try clearing your cache partition or unistall the app then instrall it again and see if it helps.

Hi @ZenOps!

Welcome to the Community! 

If what @KAPABLE-K suggested doesn't work, you'll have to wait until Google sends out an update for the Chromecast that will most likely include compatibility with Android 7.0.

Keep us updated!