I'm a participant level 3

It's December 27th and still no update yet 

11 REPLIES 11

Master200669

Really shouldn't post a release date of something and not deliver 

Hello @Master200669,

While the scheduled update is December 27th that does not necessarily mean everyone will get it on that date.

The updates are usually stage roll-outs. It is possible it can take a few days or even weeks before its pushed to your phone. 

Fido is not the one sending out the updates, the updates come directly from Samsung.

You can view this info-graph here to have a better understanding of how the update process works. 

Master200669

Then fido should post false information on there web site about a release date all past updates were on the dates released 

Sorry but it sounds like ur just making excuses 

Hello @Master200669,

Sorry, you feel that way but it's not false information, they do have a disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

(*Making sure these dates are accurate is our priority. However, sometimes things change beyond our control, so these dates are subject to change. Thanks for understanding.)

In a perfect world, everything will go according to plan but we don't live in a perfect world. Also, it's the holiday season and companies usually slow down because people are off spending time with their families. 

Also, it's the time when people are getting new devices and registering them for the first time, this will also put a strain on manufacturer's servers and usually cause even more slowdowns. 

Master200669

S10 release of android 10 was out with out a hitch and on the date provided for that model 

All SMR released previously on the dates give fido dropped the ball big time even Rogers is os update time line 27th 

Hello @Master200669,

The release of the update would begin on the 27th. It is a more busy time of year so it isn't a surprise if a certain delay for the update is present. 

Also, we don't post information regarding the updates since we aren't responsible for them. The manufacturer is. The updates are coming directly from Samsung and the roll-out of the update begins on the 27th, it can take days for the update to reach people. 

Master200669

Good excuse 

Was it like that for the s10 no they got there update the date it was posted so yeah flag ship phone worth about 1500 should get updates on time no excuses guess Samsung members are right about fido and devices I should of went with the s10 least they get updates on time with out excuses 

Same goes for a fellow that had a update for Samsung 9 there still waiting for update 

I'm well aware of how updates are done thru many devices fido just seems to have more excuses and ppl to back up the excuse 

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Master200669 

Have you received the update yet?

FidoStephen

Just received an update - Samsung will resume the rollout on Monday, January 6.

Appreciate everyone's patience!

gerhovah
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

After seeing this thread, and checking Settings | Software update | Download and install,  I'm pleased to share that the download for "One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10" has now started on my Note 10+. 2GB update.   I hope everyone starts getting their updates soon.

Hey @Master200669

Did you mean the release of the Android 10 or the release of the Note10 ? 

Let us know the details of your inquiry and the community will be glad to help.