cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more SMS notification for new voicemail

taeshim
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, I have an iPhone 6s plus running ios 13.6 and recently noticed that I no longer receive text messages when I receive a new voicemail. I have a plan with the mini voicemail and have always received text messages before when I received a new voicemai, but not sure when it stopped... Sad

One day, after a missed call, I checked my voicemail even though I did not recieve a notification and had 2 new voicemails! Not sure how many messages I have missed since it is only saved for 3 days... I called customer service and had the rep reset my phone and spoke with the manager and they both told me that the mini voicemail does not send out text notifications... I have been receiving my voicemail alerts this way ever since getting rid of the value pack. Not sure why they do not know this info.

After googling, I saw this comment from another post, which confirms that I'm supposed to get text notification for voicemail.

"

FidoNick

Hey @ChicoQuente!

Thanks for posting Smiley

We'd love to help out with this, and I'd love to clarify what's going on!

All our newer plans come with mini voicemail. This option allows you to save and have up to 3 messages in your voicemail inbox. It's not a visual voicemail so the little indicator for a voicemail will not pop up as you need to call in and listen to the messages. To let you know you have a new voicemail, we send you a text message to notify you. 

If you wanted to benefit from the visual voicemail feature that your iPhone offers, we do offer that option as well! You can add our $7 value pack and enhance your plan with awesome features including visual voicemail for iPhone! The value pack will give you:

- Name Display (to add on to your regular call display)

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text with 35 voice messages  or iPhone visual voicemail

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) detailed rates can be found here :

- WhoCalled

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

If you'd like us to add this option for you, you can contact us through any method found here or let us know and we can send you a PM right here on the community!

I hope this clears it all up and that this info was helpful Smiley"

So please fido, how can I get text notifications for my voicemail again? 

Thanks

PS my mom has the same phone running ios 13.6.1 and has the same issue.  

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @taeshim,

That's really odd, you should still be getting the +18 text message notification to let you know that someone has left you a voicemail message. 

I'll send you a PM to have a closer look. 

Talk soon.