cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM Card Installed message and there is NO SIM in my phone now!!

JaneStew
I'm a participant level 3

After charging my phone I'm getting "No SIM Card Installed".  I turned the phone off, waited a few minutes then turned it back on.  Same message.  So I opened the SIM tray and the SIM card it NOT THERE!  No one else has touched my phone, I've only used it a few times.   Is it possible for a SIM card to be loose in a phone?  I'll have to take the phone in to the FIDO dealer I obtained the SIM card and phone plan from if no one has any ideas.  thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoVanessa

Hey @JaneStew

It's quite unlikely that a SIM card can get loose in a phone. The tray might have moved and the card could have been lost in the phone. I suggest that you go to a Fido store and check that out with a representative.They might be able to find out what happened. 

Let us know if you were able to find anything!

JaneStew

I stopped by the Fido kiosk earlier today, the young man who helped me did put the phone close to his ear and shook it as I had, neither of us could hear anything.  I had him install a new card for me so I'm able to use the phone again.  I am going to purchase the required tools so that I can remove the screws holding the phone together so I can view the interior to look for the missing SIM. Thanks very much.

Glad to learn that the store was able to help and that you're now able to use the phone again, @JaneStew.

While opening the device yourself with the proper tools could be an option, it's important to note that it would void the manufacturer's warranty if you're still within the 1 year warranty. 

Another option that would keep the warranty intact would be to have this checked by the manufacturer directly. If you have an Android, you can bring the phone to a Fido store who'll send it to the manufacturer and if you have an iPhone, you can bring it straight to the Apple store.

Hope this helps!

JaneStew

Hello - thanks for the information.  I have an old iPhone 5C which stays in my cars glove box, this phone is for emergencies only, hence all I have is unlimited calling and text, no need for data.   Alas we have no Apple Store in Victoria, BC.   

@JaneStew You can always send the phone by mail to Apple if anything. You can reach out to them here