cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S - ICS update starting to roll out

DumbScreenName
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

The i9020T is already out.  The i9020A (the version that Fido carries) should follow soon.  Can't wait! 

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

skullen4
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

How do you determine the hardware version? I didn't see it listed under Phone Information under Settings.

If you go into "settings" then "about phone" you should see something like I9020A... (EDIT: it's under "baseband version")

All of us on Fido (and Rogers, Bell, Telus) have this same version, common with AT&T in the U.S.

fei
I'm a contributor level 2

i9020a ota updates for tmobile customers had been halted on reports of unusually high cpu usage and less than normal battery life. google is still investigating, but it shouldnt be too long now for a stock version to arrive to all north american customers.

unfortunately the guys at cyanogen have hit a snag with radio issues on their ics based CM9 so it'll be longer to get a stable version for those who use custom roms

kenshin33
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

<quote> unfortunately the guys at cyanogen have hit a snag with radio issues on their ics based CM9 so it'll be longer to get a stable version for those who use custom roms </quote>

What kind of issues ???

I'm running the latest builds and didn;t notice any ... Except for some battery related things (caused by wifi staying of all the time) and apps getting killed (ou of memory from time to time). It;'s not  perfect but it's a dailly driver  ..

fei

Aside from the issues you've already mentioned, both CM9 test release from koush and the various kangs on xda, have high rates of producing radio crashes, dump files and sometimes bootloops (especially in the i9023). I'm glad that you haven't had any serious problems as of yet, but I'd rather wait for a full CM9 release, after having friends go through the hell with these beta releases.

If you're interested on the recent developments in ICS crespo development check out the changelogs below. Each individual module links to the code implemented and the developers who sign off on periodic changes.

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo

kenshin33
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

I'm building directely from sources, 

The onl annoyiong thing really is the dying process (I see a lot of Out of memory errors in the logs). The battery stuff is not that bad (esp if wifi is disabled when sleeping).