cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S Battery LIfe - AWESOME!

rahilsondhi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Nexus S owners: how are you finding the battery life? This battery life is the best I've ever had! Since 2004, I've been charging my cell phones nightly, except this phone. And I use all the features: call, text, tweet, email, browser, wi-fi, bluetooth, music, etc. The thing never dies! Love it. :manhappy:

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

DumbScreenName
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@rahilsondhi wrote:

Nexus S owners: how are you finding the battery life? This battery life is the best I've ever had! Since 2004, I've been charging my cell phones nightly, except this phone. And I use all the features: call, text, tweet, email, browser, wi-fi, bluetooth, music, etc. The thing never dies! Love it. :manhappy:

Hmm... I'm a bit surprised by this post.

Previous phones (granted, not smartphones), I could go 2-3 days without charging if I wasn't planning on using the phone too much.  Not the Nexus. I get a full day's use, but I certainly wouldn't risk a 2nd day without charging it.  I have 2 chargers at home, one for the car, and one for work.  Just to be safe.  😉

Having said that, I am really loving this phone!

Jan
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

sweet! that is good news to hear. I have been holding off on android phones due to that whole "charge everyday" thing. If this android phone can last 2-3 days with good usage (mp3 20-30 min a day, a phone call or two and a few email/facebook/twitter checks) then I am just about sold on it!  I just wish the fido stores had a working model on display so I can play around on one to see if I like it. 

DumbScreenName
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@Jan

If you want to play with a working model, try Future Shop or Best Buy.

fei
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

ive had this phone for 2 weeks now and i will say that you will not get more that 30 hrs to a single charge. this is in fact a daily charge phone

i have most functions off, brightness to its lowest and use 3g/wifi sparingly. in addition to this i talk for about 2 hrs. listen to about 3 hrs of music/day and play games for about 1 hr and i still manage to get a whopping 19 hrs of battery life.

this is a galaxy after all so i knew what to expect when buying one of samsungs mass production models; ive already ordered a 2000 mah battery from ebay cause i need it. all in all its a pretty good phone, possibly the best single core device on the market and as a nexus it will always get preference when it comes to updates so we dont have to go through fido to do them.