cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone still not recieved

helenzang
I'm a participant level 3

I'm in a bit of a bind right now and hoping someone can give me some answers or their experience.. Last week I ordered a new device to upgrade from my now broken phone. I usually go in store to do any kind of upgrade or such but dude to the pandemic, it's not exactly optimal to be going in store, unless nessessary. 

So I ordered a new phone, had it sent to my house but it seems it's either gotten lost or stolen. I didn't expect it to arrive during the weekend at that, and I was out at work and no one was home to recieve it. I would've thought you'd require a signature or at least someone to physically receive but apprently I was wrong. I've contacted Fido support, was told to reach out to Purolator who told me that they would open a trace to find out what happened tothe package. As far as I know and they seem to know, it was left at the front door, not even hidden or anything ??? I was told to follow back with fido and to look around the house again, and neighborhood in case a neighbor's recieved it on accident or the driver tried to deliver to a neighbor to hold.

I contacted fido again and they opened a case for me and told me 24-48 hours I should get a reply and if not, I can contact again for update. 2 days later, I contacted both purolator and fido again, purolator telling me that still they don't know much other than that the driver has delivered it and left it on the front door since it did not require a signature. Told me to go to Fido and talk to them and explain to them,a dn they should replace it for me. 

Contacting fido again, I was told there's still no update and it was just opened the previous day, (even though I called days before and was told to give it 2 days) so I should wait more. Now that I'm getting mixed answers and no real solution or any solid answers, it's giving me a lot of anxiety, having a first experience having phone shipped. I don't know how to preceed or anything and It's giving me a lot of grief. 

If someone could please ease my aniety or anything, please help Sad I probably should've waited until things calmed down but my phone's acting up so much I actually do need a phone, especially as I'm working two jobs on call 😭

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @helenzang! Philippe here. I hope you're feeling well. Smiley

I totally understand your situation there, especially if your old phone is giving up on you! It's terrible that someone may just have walked off with your package...

Normally, you'd have to wait until the investigation is done though. That said, we can certainly take another look for you, to see what the status is and if we can speed things up. You can contact us here for that or request a PM from the community for assistance with this matter. I cannot guaranty anything, however.

I hope we're able to resolve this for you soon!

helenzang

@FidoPhilippe I've been contacting support and it hasn't gone anywhere.. I've just been told the same thing, and it's not gotten anywhere.. If you could help me that would be great. I've been told it's being escalated but also being told it was just opened.. If i could get the same straight answers, I wouldn't be so antsy but I don't understand why everyone has a different answer :c 

I'll send you a PM shortly @helenzang! Talk to you soon. Smiley