cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card not working

Valentinaak
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello , I bought a new sim today but till now shows no SIM card and my previous sim is working except Fido.

how do I activate it as I'm the verge of buying a new sim elsewhere .

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Valentinaak,

Welcome to the community!

If you have a postpaid account you can follow the instructions here. If you have a prepaid account or you do not have the old SIM card you will need to contact customer service so they can update the SIM card for you.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Valentinaak,

Welcome to the community!

@Valentinaak wrote:...my previous sim is working except Fido....

Could you please clarify whether you currently have services with Fido? Also, if you already have services, do you have pre-paid or post-paid services? If you have pre-paid services, you will not be able to update your SIM card online and would need to go to a Fido store with ID (see here).

Alternatively, if you have post-paid services, you should be able to update your SIM card from your My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile. From there, you would need to select Update SIM card (near bottom of page under Quick Actions). Not that you might need to click on Profile & Settings before you'll be able to access the Usage & Services tab.

On the other hand, if you don't yet have services with Fido, you would need to select a plan (pre-paid or post-paid) prior to being able to use that SIM card. If you purchased a plan with that SIM card, it should already be activated.

If you are unable to update or activate your SIM card that way, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You may be required to go to a Fido store with ID as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers