cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brain hurts, xperia pro great phone, please fix yourself.

alexfromedmonto
I'm a participant level 3

Talked to countless techs, customer service, even a few people at 2 fido stores. It all started when i lost my 3g and all network.  I had a 7 year old sim card so i figured it was trash. Bought a new one put it in and now it has been 4 day of headaches. 

Cannot receive or send text or calls. No internet, no network. Even when i am registered on fido network still no service(emergency calls only).   Whenever i talk to a tech or when i had the phone at  the fido store it would come back to life. Everything would be back to normal. 3 minutes later, or as i am leaving the store everything fails again.

I have tried all the apn settings, turning on data access, turning on roaming, phone reset, turning off roaming blah blah blah. It no works.

I dont know what to do, it was the greatest phone for 2 months.

Anyone with the same phone care to share the apn that seem to be working for their phone?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Whenever you change a SIM card, you have to update your Fido account to "connect it" to the new SIM card's PIN. This can be done through Fido.ca via My Account page. Login and click on "Update My SIM Card". You are activating the new SIM card for your account.

I assume the Fido Reps already did this, but if everything stopped functioning since you got the new SIM card then it sounds like the new SIM card isn't activated. Hope this helps (I'm an iPhone user).

alexfromedmonto

it is all good. got them to send it for repairs.