cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data

RezaBasirian
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi every one, I'm using a Lenove S5 Pro but coulsn't connect it to the Fido mobile data... Any suggestion would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello RezaBasirian,

Welcome to the community!

As Original_Lucy mentioned below, you might consider verifying the device is using the proper APN settings. You can verify those settings here. As she noted, it should be using ltemobile.apn.

Original_Lucy also mentioned appropriate bandwidths. Where did you purchase the device? I have only been able to find a Global version for that device (see also here). From those pages, these appear to be the available bands and frequencies:

GSM B2/B3/B5/B8, CDMA BC0; WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8; TD-SCDMA B34/39; 4G FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20, TD-LTE B34/B38/B39/B40/B41(2535-2655MHz).

According to those specifications, that device should have the compatible band/frequency for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that device does have some of the compatible bands/frequencies. You can view the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the device should be able to access the LTE networks for data, you should note that those compatible bands/frequencies are designated as additional bandwidth (B7) and used for carrier aggregation (B2, B5) (see here).

In addition, it should be noted that coverage would depend on corresponding bands/frequencies used at your surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area towers here

**edit** Since the device does not appear to be intended for the Canadian market, you might consider trying to enable roaming data. Some devices might require that setting enabled in areas outside of their intended markets, even though they may be using a local SIM card.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Good morning @RezaBasirian , do you have the correct apn selected for Fido? You should be able to find out in settings, connections, mobile networks, access point names, FIDO internet,  ltemobile.apn

Sometimes if you turn off the device ,remove your Sim, restart without Sim and then insert the Sim, device will tell you it has to restart again, then the settings will be updated. If this info didn't help you then contact Fido support from your device by calling *611, ask for technical support and request a network reset. 

Also did you check that the Lenovo has the appropriate bandwidths for use on Fido?

Here  is a link for troubleshooting "no data" connection on the mobile network. Hope one of these suggestions get you up and running.