cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Accessories - Certified Pre-Owned Phone

WestShore1
I'm a participant level 3

We recently purchased a "Certified Pre-Owned" iPhone XR from Fido.  The description said it:

• Comes With EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, Documentation

The phone eventually arrived, but only included the Lightning to USB cable, and was missing the adapter and earpods.  I contacted Fido chat (very frustrating 1hr+ experience) and after over an hour, they said they had completed a ticket and the missing pieces would be sent out right away.  They never arrived.  Three weeks later I contacted them again (another frustrating hour long experience), and was once again told the items would be sent out.  They never arrived.  We didn't have the correct adapter and had to go out and buy one.  Overall, this experience has been extremely frustrating.  We have been with Fido for about 15 years, and this is by far the worst customer experience we've received.  In my opinion, if considering buying a refurbished phone, consumers would be better off going into a retailer that has unlocked phone stock, and buying their phone there to ensure they receive everything they are supposed to.  I have no faith Fido will ever resolve this issue, but wanted to pass along our experience to other prospective buyers so they could keep it in mind.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi again @WestShore1 , I hear you and don't necessarily disagree with you. It's possible that the person writing up the marketing materials misspoke or didn't know what was included in the box with the device. This is definitely a conversation to have with Fido support directly. I sincerely hope you get a resolution from fido support. Best regards, OL

WestShore1

Hello Lucy,

I appreciate the response, but this has nothing to do with Apple.  It's fairly common knowledge that Apple stopped shipping these items with their new phones.  What's frustrating is that Fido lists these as included items.  I didn't buy a new phone from Apple, I bought a used phone from Fido, and I expect that Fido will ship what it says is included.  This is very clearly false advertising on Fido's part.  It's simple...if Fido isn't going to include a charger or earpods, don't list them in the "What's Included" part of the description when I order a product.  As far as I'm concerned, Fido owes me a wall charger!

Regards,

Dave

Hello @WestShore1 , I see that you posted in one of the other posts about missing ear buds and power adapter with iPhone.  As you may have read, Apple removed those items from their packaging last October starting with the iPhone 12 and including the xr and xs. I know that is really inconvenient and disappointing for you not to have a power adapter.  Perhaps a quick note to Apple to let them know how inconvenient it is for their loyal consumer base might yield some response. I know I would be annoyed also. Take care OL

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Say what? The XR and XS both included the adapter when sold new. The iPhone 11 did as well. Not sure why you wouldn't expect to receive an adapter when you purchase one used from Fido. Now as for the earpods I wouldn't even want used airpods that's disgusting