Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 435 - Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile

pzaafir
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

Now that Microsoft officially ended support for Windows Phone 8.1, I'm wondering when an upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile for Microsoft Lumia 435 phones will be made available by Fido as the device is eligible for it. It's been a while already and Fido hasn't made it available. Perhaps it's time to consider shopping around for another service provider.

Regards,

Loyal Fido customer.

4 REPLIES 4

samgabbay
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hey @pzaafir

I actually upgraded my Lumia 435 in the past using the Windows Insider Program, which should immediately trigger the phone to route updates directly to Microsoft servers and prompt the Beta update.

To get started head here: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/getting-started/

Hope this helps!

Hey @pzaafir!

Let us know if any of the above suggestions helped! We're eager to find out if this was resolved Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Pzaafir,

Welcome to the community!

Did you purchase your Lumia 435 from Fido? As far as I can tell, that phone was launched in Canada exclusively to Telus and Koodo (see here). Fido will likely not provide any OS updates for devices they do not sell.

If you are unable to get the updates from Microsoft directly, you might have to contact Telus or Koodo to see if they can provide the update for your device.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @pzaafir,

Welcome to the community!

I don't see that phone on Fido's OS Upgrade schedule list, it could be the phone is not being supported anymore.

Did you try to see if you can get the update directly from Microsoft? See here.