cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mi 9 SE global version and no LTE

Kjrc
I'm a participant level 2

Hi everyone, I recently bought a mi 9 SE and found that I can't seem to get 4g even though I have 2/3 bands for LTE and my Mi A1 is able to get 4g. Is there any fix for this?

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kjrc,

Welcome to the community!

Which version of the Mi A1 do you have? According to the specifications on the Mi Global website, that phone does not have any compatible LTE bands/frequencies.

As you note, the Mi 9 SE on the Mi Global website does appear to have two compatible LTE bands/frequencies. While the phone should work on the LTE networks, coverage would depend on corresponding bands/frequences on your surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here. In addition, the different bands/frequencies have varied characteristics. For example, the lower frequencies of bands 12 and 17 (700MHz) would be able to travel further and penetrate greater than the higher frequencies (see graphic here). Is it possible the Mi A1 has one of those bands and the Mi 9 SE does not?

Have you verified that the phone is using the proper APN? Since the phone is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Kjrc

I have the global version of the mi a1 so it has the same LTE bands as the mi 9 SE global version. On the mi 9 SE it says that I'm connected to the Fido core apn not the LTE.

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information.

Are you able to add another APN as ltemobile.apn? Be sure to include the MMS settings in the new APN. You might have to select the new APN and restart the phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers