cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS pic send/receive failure "could not retrieve message content. try again later"

joejiz
I'm a participant level 1

hi does any one know why this doesn't work?

i can't even send to myself?  is there a setting somewhere?

BB bold 9700 mms problem sending and receiving pictures in unlocked phone "

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

skimmy

I know this is an old topic but I have the same problem where some go through and others do not.

I have tried pulling the battery and resending the service books to no avail. I even called Fido support and they didn't seem to have any idea.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 purchased through Fido.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

@skimmy wrote:

I know this is an old topic but I have the same problem where some go through and others do not.

I have tried pulling the battery and resending the service books to no avail. I even called Fido support and they didn't seem to have any idea.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 purchased through Fido.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi skimmy,

Thanks for your post.

Are you subscribed to a BlackBerry data add-on or an email/social networking add-on? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you try and the sending fails (MMS will not work via Wi-Fi)?

Let us know!

FidoStephen

Hi there joejiz,

If you are not subscribed to a BlackBerry data add-on (500MB or more), you will not be able to use MMS. As Paulo had explained, RIM provisions your phone according to the services you are subscribed to, therefore if you do not have the service books for internet, MMS will not work.

Hope this helps.

jc11
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am able to get some MMS attachments, but not others. How do I get all attachments?

Anonymous
Not applicable

if your using a phone that was not sold from fido, they can not guarentee all the features will work correctly. I don't recall the BB 9700 ever being sold by fido.   normally phones can have their settings edited, but BB is the only exception, the service books are sent from RIM to the phone which contain the programming, you can not edit the picture settings in a BB, only RIM provisions this, and so far they only seem to send the settings to the phones that your provider offers for sale ie curve 8520. etc.

ksingstenor

I have samsung slide phone purchased thru fido, just bought extra picture text add on... it still wont send pictures, tried removing battery, taking out sim card and putting in another phone,, the store said it was a service error...now I had to buy a memory card to transfere them to.. my phone receives pictures, but cant send them , message comes up "sending" but then http service fail.... help