cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left with no Google Pixel 5

spasquina
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I ordered a google pixel 5 on November 23 for my husband adding a new line. I received an initial email saying it would ship within 5 days, the following week an email saying sorry for the delay it'll ship within a week, then the next day saying it would take 3-4 weeks. Naturally, I reached out to customer service to see what was up. They said they didn't see ANY backlog for the Google Pixel 5 and that I should be easily able to get it in-store. After some back and forth they recommended the fastest way to get the phone was to cancel my order and get the phone in-store. I proceeded with their recommendation. After checking upwards of 20 stores in the GTA, no luck. These fido agents were definitely misinforming me saying there wasn't any backlog and that the phone was readily available. After contacting customer service multiple times, all they said were "sorry we can't do anything about it". I finally convinced my husband to join fido and he is without a phone. Shame on you fido. I've been a loyal customer for 10 years and this situation makes me want to leave fido myself. I don't understand why fido made these holideals that they OBVIOUSLY couldn't handle. 

3 REPLIES 3

hyet
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Agreed! I think you made a great decision, I have been a loyal customer for over 13 years. The senseless customer service that I got out of the pixel 5 delay disappoints me so much. I will leave Fido when boxing day deals are up as well. 

Hey @hyet!

We wouldn't want to see you go. We're sorry you feel this way about our services, I assure you that we value your loyalty. 

Delays are longer during this time of the year, especially for new phones like the Pixel 5. We're still doing what we can to deliver all orders as fast as we can. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if anything!

FidoVanessa

Hey @spasquina!

I'm really sad to read that your experience wasn't a positive one, it's really not what we want for our customers. We would definitely hate to see you go. 

The Google Pixel 5 was available online when it was released but delays were expected since it's a new phone. We also can't guarantee if the stores have the device in their inventory. I'm sorry if this option didn't work for you. We still have other models that we could look into. You can contact customer service or we can send you a PM from here.

Let us know what you want to do!