Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE module ( SIM7600A)

srastibo
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I am using a LET module (SIM7600A) in my project for the internet service with a fido data sim card. I can search the network with my module and I can connect to Fido network and the signal is good. But when I want to register my device to the network and get data, it says "Registration is denied". As far as I understand my device EMEI is not defined in Fido network, Am I right? if I am right, how can I register my device in your newtork?

Sim card works on my phone. 

Thanks

Alireza

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Srastibo,

Welcome to the community!

Have you verified that the module is using the proper APN settings? You can verify those settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

srastibo

In fact, the Fido network doesn't know my module IMEI, and when I try to send a command, the network returns a registration error. Based on my experience in telecom, my module IMEI should be defined in your network. How can we define our IMEI in your network? Or can you give us a list of devices that your network is supporting?

Hello again,

Unfortunately, my experience with that particular device is limited. However, I don't think the issue is defining the device's IMEI on the network. When a device connects to the network, the SIM card information as well as the device's IMEI is automatically transmitted to the networks. That's the basis for blacklisting IMEI numbers for stolen devices. On the other hand, there is no whitelist of IMEI numbers. That is, unless it is blacklisted, it isn't necessary to authorise an IMEI on the network.

From what I have read, most people using that device refer to accessing the networks with a Hologram SIM. Are you trying to use one of those or a Fido SIM? As far as I am aware, Hologram offers an IoT or machine-to-machine (M2M) SIM cards. If that device requires a M2M SIM card, that could be the reason you're getting the registration error if you are using a regular SIM card. That notion is supported by some others having reported requiring a special SIM card from Verizon rather than their regular SIM card. I could be mistaken, but I don't think Fido offers a M2M or IoT SIM card or services.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @srastibo

As much as we'd love to assist you over the Community, your best bet would truly be to check with our Home Internet Tech Support team, who are available 24/7 to assist with this type of question.

You can reach out to them via Live Chat or over the phone.

Unless of course @Cawtau has more info for you Smiley