cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gossip & SIM card switching.

nforem
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there, I've had the LG Gossip for months now.

I've noticed my phone does not always ring when I receive calls.

Sometimes it can be on a table beside me, and it lights up saying "1 Missed Call"  but it never rings.

Also I apparently have caller ID, yet every person who has ever called me that is not in my contacts does not have a registered ID, just a number. Is that seriously my luck? It just doesn't make sense to have never seen a caller ID on my phone.

Onto SIM switching.

My dad's phone is beginning to **bleep** out so I decided to try and switch my mom's SIM card and his so he could use a good phone for work.

It didn't work, my dad's phone kept his info despite having my mom's SIM card so they both had the info of one SIM card.

The phone's never been backed up.

Are there phones that can retain information despite not having the right SIM card in them?

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a hard time understanding your question. The one question you are askign about Caller ID, there is no issue. If someone calls you, the numbers show up, THe name will show up only in certain cases where its transmitted via the cellular network to your phone, but this is not always the case, and if you save it to your phone book with a name, that name will appear when someone calls you.

Some phones save contacts on both phone or sim, you would have to consult the owners manual to see where you are saVING them to.;

nforem

My phone does not always ring when someone calls me.

For instance,

in several cases my phone will be on a table beside me and will light up saying '1 missed call' but the phone never rang prior to the notification and this happens quite often.

Thanks for the rest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
well that is a entirely seperate issue, its not a caller id problem, it may be a network or capacity issue. Totally different, does that make any sense to you?

nforem

Yes, I know they are different issues and I know it does not involve caller ID.

I asked three separate questions in my first post and used the word 'Also,' to separate them because I didn't want to a different thread for each question.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem with their phone not ringing when someone called them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That happens from time to time for all of us. Cellphone Capacity / Coverage is not an infinite resource. its severely limited to terrain, and geographical and atmospheric conditions as well as capacity issues. Perhaps in one neighborhood it may work flawless but in your home neighborhood it could experience these issues on occasion, no need to worry, this is completely normal, no provider is 100%, and these issues are only temporary if anything and may creep up when the least expected.

nforem

Ah okay. I understand.

Thank you for your knowledge and assistance!

FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Informative details on coverage, thanks Paolo.