cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gossip - Browser Home Pages keeps resetting to Fido/Rogers

ri99
I'm a participant level 2

Just got this phone (LG Gossip Pro (C660R).  No data plan, so have data completely shut off, but WiFi set up and working.

When I first accessed the browser, it came up with the Rogers/Fido home page with a general error message, but all other websites/surfing worked.  I set Yahoo as my browser home page, and while the phone was on, no problem - calling up the browser would start on the home page I set.

Powered the phone off and back on...and when I clicked browser, WiFi still works, but the default home page on the browser is back to the Rogers/Fido.

ARGH!  Thoughts?  The phone is for someone who is not techie, and this will be a huge irritation for him.

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Any ideas anyone?

ri99

Tried updating the LG Gossip Pro software and we have the same problem...it's very annoying!

Many thanks for any ideas/advice!

malejko

Pretty sure the home page being reset is something Fido did to the phone. I have the same phone and rather than click the 'browser' shortcut, I have a shortcut to a bookmark on my main page that I use. I'm pretty technical and couldn't find a way to NOT have the home page reset after a reboot. Quite annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the 'low memory' warning this phone always has popping up. Low-end phone.. low-end experience. Works fine for texting and calling tho!