Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 3

update 2.3.4 for xperia pro

Why is fido not releasing it

***Edited to add labels**

Accepted Solution

Re: update 2.3.4 for xperia pro

Because they don't: the manufacturer (SE) releases it when it meets Fido specifications. Fido merely sells phones with personalized software just like any other provider around the world. SE can't update and release every single version of the o/s at the same time.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1
Solution

Because they don't: the manufacturer (SE) releases it when it meets Fido specifications. Fido merely sells phones with personalized software just like any other provider around the world. SE can't update and release every single version of the o/s at the same time.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

But when se releases android 4.0 will I be able to get the day it comes out or will I have to wait for fido to allow it
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

When Fido is happy with the customization they will give SE permission to release. After that it is up to SE to fit it into their schedule. SE has to spread the demand on their upgrade servers to prevent overloads (entire world, remember). Over the air upgrades are dangerous because of the possibility of data corruption and battery failure. So, just keep checking SE site.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4