cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG GOSSIP: Can't download videos frm phone to laptop

hellofido
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

So yet again I've come across another issue with LG Gossip phone.:smileyindifferent: I cannot find my videos to download from phone to PC when I am pluggin the phone with my laptop. I was able to download my pictures I took with the phone but not the videos!! Would some1 pls tell me how to do this? I am using MASS storage and not PC suite cuz my phone didn't come with the pc suite CD=(

Any help wud be much appreciated wit this and how to download songs onto the MP3 player of the phone from my laptop.

Thank you.

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

hellofido
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
Video type in LG gossip is 3gp?? What's that? That's why my sony laptop isn't recognizing this file?? =/ Any way to convert this to normal video type??????????

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

3gp is video file format that the LG Gossips uses.

How to convert 3gp videos to another support format : http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free

Name of tool : Any Video Converter ( Free version $$$$ 0.00 )

google is your best friend Smiley

Lol @ goole is ur best friend.. 😛
Okay i read somewhere in google that if i have RealPlayer..I dun have to convert any files to any certain format? is that true???????
Txs for ur help

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

doing a search with google..there are links which indicate that RealPlayer can play 3gp files...never tested it myself

What to keep in mind  3gp is really a container.  this container has 2 principle parts.... VIDEO & AUDIO.  Most website media players will say that they can play 3gp, avi, divX, Xvid, mkv...and all these are containers.  What's important is the Video codec & audio codec used to create the media file.

To keep things simple you have 2 options :

1 - download a bunch of media players ( ie. RealPlayer, Media Player Classic, QuickTime, VLC etc..) and see if each can play your media file

2 - copy the media file over to your computer and then convert the file to a more common format ( this will require you to be a little more technical and do some research )

If you really want to know the video and audio codec inside you 3gp media file, then you can download a free app called MediaInfo ( http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download )

additional info : http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/play-3gp-3g2-files/

hope this helps Smiley

Ty silent Smiley Will do one:)

rockstar1988
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

how can I upload pictures from my lg gossip to my PC.  help please Smiley

hook up your phone to your PC and activate mass storage...a pop up will come up on ur PC allowing u to download the pix to ur PC

One more note....you phone records 3gp video in a certain size ( aka resolution ....ie..1024 x 780, 640 x 480, etc...you need to determine what it is ) ...when converting video to another format file type and as well changing the original resolution...loss of picture quality may occur.