SIP

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

SIP

Hello,

I am new in this forum. would you please help me that how can I set up a SIP account on my Nexus s ?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: SIP

ABADAN, if i recall you want to know HOW to get a SIP account? well you really shouldnt be asking how to set one up in your phone before you actually have one, thats unheard of.

you need to have an EXISTING WORKING SIP account from a SIP/VOIP provider, this is what tthe phone requires.  If you dont have one, you should not be asking to set one up, you need to subscribe to one, which is something FIDO can NOT help you with, your on your own for that, sorry man.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Settings > Call Settings > Internet Call Settings: Accounts > Add Account
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

Thanks Tarv,

But how can I get this information for making an account?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

ABADAN, if i recall you want to know HOW to get a SIP account? well you really shouldnt be asking how to set one up in your phone before you actually have one, thats unheard of.

you need to have an EXISTING WORKING SIP account from a SIP/VOIP provider, this is what tthe phone requires.  If you dont have one, you should not be asking to set one up, you need to subscribe to one, which is something FIDO can NOT help you with, your on your own for that, sorry man.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Google search for a Canadian SIP/VOIP provider, there are a bunch.

You can also try a POTS-SIP adapter (Google search the Grandstream HT286) to create a SIP account that uses your home phone line.

Beyond this I can't offer much advise.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5