Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 One Randomly Loses User Settings after last Security Update

SJWolfe
I'm a participant level 3

Hi Folks,

After the last update, I had an unusual problem in my Fido purchased LG G7 One: it randomly loses settings.

First it was login cookies - I had to have the My Fido Account app constantly text me an activation number. Same with Facebook, Instagram and Shaw Internet account app.
Next was browser settings factory defaulting.
Now my Banking app needs to be re-verified after each session (not supposed to)
Also now randomly doesn't recognize the SIM card.

Restarting the phone every 48hrs gives ame a couple days so-so run time.

Am I the only one having this?

I only got the phone last summer and treat it with "silk gloves" - the NVRAM shouldn't get faulty that quick.

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @SJWolfe,

Since these problems started after an update I would suggest you do a factory reset.

SJWolfe

Might be a good idea. I see my Point of Sale reader (phone based Interac machine) stopped working because apparently the last "security update" actually punched a security hole - my stock phone is answering as partially rooted! 😲

Hey there, let us know if the factory reset helped the situation Smiley

SJWolfe

Found the solution without having to factory reset it - apparently the Play Store cache is corrupted on the update to v20.0.20. Clearing the Play Store cache and data from Settings > Apps > Recent (it's not listed on the app list... at least not on a G7 One with Android 10) fixes the issue.

Thanks to the Android devs at Google for finding that, as I was not looking forward to the downtime of resetting the phone.

Cheers!

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for sharing the fix @SJWolfe