cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Calling Issues

Chrissyl
I'm a contributor level 1

I've had this phone since March of this year and just yesterday my phone started to act up by acting up I mean when someone calls me as im about to answer it so it's almost to my ear and bang it hangs up on me....ive had important calls coming in and I can't answer it without it hanging up on them plus when I call back it says call can't be made does that about 4x and finally it'll let me make my call .....plz  help as im about to throw this phone out the window

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Chrissyl,

When this happens does your phone have and signal bars?

Did you recently install and new apps or do you have a call recorder app on your phone?

Chrissyl

My bars are full and no i haven't installed any new apps far less an app recorder

Hey @Chrissyl!

I'm sad to read about your calling issues. I can certainly understand how that can be very frustrating.

Let me ask you some questions to help with the troubleshooting:

1. Have you tried to power cycle (turn off and on) your phone?

2. Is the OS (operating system) up to date?

3. Have you tried to restore (do a factory reset) on the phone?

Let us know!

Chrissyl

Yes I have tried power on/off nothing and as update the last time it was done was on July so im up to date on that part. Secondly I have did the rest because I'm afraid that I'll lose all my apps and stuff

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Chrissyl wrote:

Yes I have tried power on/off nothing and as update the last time it was done was on July so im up to date on that part. Secondly I have did the rest because I'm afraid that I'll lose all my apps and stuff

Hey @Chrissyl, a new OS update came out yesterday for the G6. Did you have a chance to install it and see if it fixed this issue? 

Hey @Chrissyl,

I understand your concern, we wouldn't want you to lose any of your data!

You can backup all your info though by going to Settings - Personal - Backup and reset, and select both Backup my data and Automatic restore. 

Make sure to follow this step before restoring to save all the content on your phone.

Let us know if restoring the device helps with the situation Smiley