cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 is garbage

musicgold
I'm a contributor level 1

My household has 2 GE G3s that we bought from Fido (as part of the phone plans) about two years ago.

Both phones, while in excellent physical condition, no physical damage, has begun to act weirdly recently. One phone's screen occasionally flickers and becomes unresponsive to the touch. The other one's touch keyboard doesn't type the letter 'r'.

These are software issues. I took the second phone to a repair shop and I was told that many G3 phones are having motherboard issues.

We called Fido about it and they are not accepting any responsibility , because it has been more than one year since we bought the phones.

What can I do about this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Musicgold,

Welcome to the community!

@musicgold wrote:...These are software issues. I took the second phone to a repair shop and I was told that many G3 phones are having motherboard issues...

If the issues you're having are indeed software related, factory resetting the devices should revert them back to original and fix the problem(s). That said, those issues you describe sound more like hardware issues than software.

@musicgold wrote:...We called Fido about it and they are not accepting any responsibility , because it has been more than one year since we bought the phones....

I understand Fido might have sold the phones to you, however, any warranty repair would be done through LG. If the phones are out of warranty, your option would be to have the repair shop replace the motherboards. You might consider contacting LG directly. If there are widespread motherboard issues with the phones, they might have a motherboard replacement program.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @musicgold,

Are you perhaps referring to the LG G3?

We would be happy to take a closer look at it together, you can simply reach out to us at these channels. We can also send you a PM here if you prefer.

musicgold

@FidoSaad wrote:

Hey there @musicgold,

Are you perhaps referring to the LG G3?

We would be happy to take a closer look at it together, you can simply reach out to us at these channels. We can also send you a PM here if you prefer.

Yes, sorry, I didn't realize it. 

It is a LG G3.

As I said, I alrady contacted Fido about it. How is calling them again going to help?