cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Vigor Misc storage

Dayn
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Over 5 of my 8 gigs of storage are being taken up by misc storage that I cannot manually delete.  How do I clean this up?  I have no pictures or music on my phone and very few apps but I keep running out of storage.  Thanks for any help you can give.

**Edited to add label

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Dayn wrote:

Over 5 of my 8 gigs of storage are being taken up by misc storage that I cannot manually delete.  How do I clean this up?  I have no pictures or music on my phone and very few apps but I keep running out of storage.  Thanks for any help you can give.

**Edited to add label

Hello Dayn,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, you won't be able to recover any (substantial) additional storage. The 5+Gb is taken up by the phone's software (android). If you refer to the specifications for the phone on the LG website here, the total internal memory is 8Gb -- with up to 2.6Gb usable memory. That means that ~5.4Gb is not available to the user, as you have noticed.

The phone apparently supports microSD cards (up to 32Gb), though. I understand it's an additional cost, however, a microSD card could prove useful...

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Dayn What version of Android are you using?