***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

aawen
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Band 1 - 2100 Mhz

Band  7 - 2600 Mhz

I would say yes.

just google it, hope anyone can second that?

Hello,

From what I understand, the phone needs to be AWS compatible, so also needs band 4. Can anyone confirm this?

@Cawtau wrote:

Hello,

From what I understand, the phone needs to be AWS compatible, so also needs band 4. Can anyone confirm this?

Hello,

Well, it's been a while since I posted that! I have recently been informed that AWS is not required for access to the LTE network as long as either of the other two frequencies are available. Thanks goes to Mallah for posting the updated frequencies.

I will mention though, that while the phone queried by the OP will be able to access the LTE network, there is only one compatible frequency so coverage might be limited depending on the surrounding towers.

Cheers

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it  

Things to Know

• Your device must be compatible with the Fido network, which uses GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. To access LTE network, the phone must be compatible with:
    • 700 MHz on Band 17;
    • 1700/2100 MHz on Band 4;
    • 2600 MHz on Band 7.

How to find this information? Refer to the manufacturer's official website.

If you are unsure of how to check the frequencies your device supports, try the manufacturer's official website and search for the specifications for your particular phone/smartphone model;
  • If your device is locked, it needs to be unlocked by the original carrier it was bought from.
  • If your device is not compatible, consult our latest selection of phones and devices;
  • To use your unlocked device, you must have an active Fido SIM card:

+

How to configurate an unlock device
You can find out more by visiting this adress:http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/configure_unlocked_device_guide

Hope this helps!