cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG BOOTLOOP PROBLEM ON AN LG G5 PHONE FROM 2017 PURCHASE

Namleed
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have an LG G5 phone obtained through Fido in October 2017. It has just gone into a "bootloop" mode and therefore is not operating proberly as it keep re-booting when I'm typing a text or dealing with an app.This problem apparently surfaced back in 2016 and there was a class action lawsuit and an offering of $450.00 or $700. towards a future phone.

I was never informed of this potential problem and did not know until today. I do not want to reset my phone and lose my data and I have tried all the suggested fixes I could find on the net.

What I belive I need is a replacement phone if it cannot be fixed and I am not wanting to change my plan or incur charges for transferring my apps and data. I feel Gido has a responsibility to fix the situation as they should not have sold me the phone in the first place without notifying me of the potential problem I may have. It's amazing it has lasted this long without problemsn

I have been a Rogers/Fido customer for 39 years.

jrd

1 REPLY 1

FidoNajat

Hey @Namleed! We're sorry to read that you are facing this technical situation with your device. We would strongly suggest you get in touch with our Technical Support team so they can find out the root cause of this situation.
You can reach them either by dialing *611 from your Fido phone or via Live Chat as well.