cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irregular trade and fooling customers

taskino
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have ordered a Samsung Flip 6 with a two-year contract as a long-term customer. The device was listed as 1800 CAD plus tax. Fido seems to give you bill credit incentives.

However, I discovered that the phone's retail price at Samsung is 1463+tax, as in other carriers. This is irregular, posting a price more than its retail and pretending to give customers an incentive to sign up for a two-year contract. FIDO IS LYING ABOUT THE BILL CREDITS OR INCENTIVES.

This is against customer trade rules and a kind of fraud that lures customers. I am not discussing their plan price, but the device can not be higher than the retail price, and I am pretending they are giving incentives.

The call center only offered to cancel the order, while one of the managers said it was our jurisdiction to determine the price. This is ridiculous and irregular. You can decrease the retail price, but you can NOT INCREASE AND PRETEND TO GIVING EXTRA INCENTIVES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR A 2-YRS CONTRACT.

CAREFUL AND DO NOT GET  CONNED WITH THIS IRREGULAR ACT.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Taskino,

Welcome to the community!

@taskino wrote:

...However, I discovered that the phone's retail price at Samsung is 1463+tax, as in other carriers.....

Was that your first time ordering a device from a provider? Sorry to hear you are not familiar with device pricining from mobile providers. The full device cost is often more when purchased from a provider than direct from manufacturer due to their different suppliers. Unfortunately, it has been this way for a number of years. The full cost for that device (256GB version) is rather similar across the different providers: Virgin Plus: $1810; Koodo: $1805; Telus: $1805; Bell: $1810; Rogers: $1807.

I understand you feel they are lying to you with regards to the incentives and bill credits. However, Fido.ca currently (August 16, 2024) has that device on offer for $34.12 (after bill credit) and $0 down. At the end of the contract, you would have paid $819.12 (plus taxes) for the device (assuming the contract runs its full course). That amount is less than the retail price at Samsung.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers