cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone5 "could not activate cellular data network"

jo_park77
I'm a participant level 1

I have had my new iphone for about a week.  Now I have having an issue that when I see 3G (and I am on the $80 plan for 2 gigs of data) my phone cannot connect to the data network?

In fact, my phone has not received any emails since 646am as that shows when it was last updated.

I need to know how to resolve this issue.  I am not always near a wireless network that I can access, and it is imperative that be able to access email.

Please help!

***Edited to add labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Bren2929
I have no data since last month and didn't receive any emails and I restart my network and nothing happened it's the same what would I do?

Hey Bren2929! 

I'll send you a PM and I'll be able to look into this with you. Smiley 

SF7

Thank you so much for this post.

I had that exact problem, and I have just spent my morning in a Fido store, and on hold to the Fido Service Line where I spoke to two different people, and none of them could help me!

I read your post and tried your suggestion, and my 3G started working right away!

AM11
Thank you Dassh! Same problem on iPhone 5S and your solution worked!

Dassh
I'm a participant level 2

okay so i found a fix to my own problem

there was a certain profile loaded on my phone that was keeping me from accessing the data on my phone.

you can check it in settings ----> general ---> profiles

I just deleted whatever profiles I didn't need and the data started working instantly!

hope this helps the people that have a similar issue

vaan
Dassh....YOU'RE MY HERO! Thanks for posting!!!!!!!

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey Dassh!

Thanks for sharing!

Dassh

Hi,

I have an iphone 5 white 64 gb locked to Fido. I've been having the same problem with it. The data both LTE and 3G was working fine at first when i activated with Fido. I went away on vacation for 3 weeks and when I came back the data stopped working. I get the same exact message as mentioned above when I load safari "could not activate cellular data network". I tried re-setting my network settings, reboot my phone, and reset the network service from fido's end but none has worked. I can only connect through WIFI.

if anyone knows the problem PLEASE HELP!!

yd7210a

after a software upgrade of apple, my data stopped working... I don't know why and what happened, and apparently, there's nothing the 6-1-1 ppl on the phone can do. I guess I'll have to go to a store??

oz89

I am having the exact same problem wihen my iphone 5 is on LTE. I called fido 4 times in 24 hours and they don't have a proper solution. I went to the store and there giving my different answers. I don't think LTE is reliable on fido. Its been 2 days and counting with no LTE and at times no data at all.  

Starting to lose hair and stress on this issue.

Aslam
I am having the same problem.

poco01

for3weeks couldnt get on lte network said i didnt have data plan,i have 6g plan called 611 many times went down to store ,they called in sim number,then next day lte started working so it is something on fidos end as all along the phone worked on 3g but not on lte

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi jo_park77,

Thanks for joining the forums!

Are you still experiencing the data issue? Have you tried resetting your network settings?