Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 upgrade at apple store

colin05
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

If I go to an apple store for an hardware upgrade will the subsidized balance ($679) be added to my fido bill as it would at a Fido store, or do I have to pay that balance in store? I was given 2 different answers over the phone- The first person said Fido customers have to pay in store, the other said it will be on the next bill...

** Edited to add labels

7 REPLIES 7

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Community! 

I wanted to update this older thread with the current info. 

As of January 2017, you're charged upfront for the cost of the hardware upgrade in all stores. This means that any in-store specials, promos and credits are applied immediately. Smiley

Hope this helps! 

FidoJessica
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @colin05

If you already have an agreement and it was done in the last 90 days there is a minimum wait period of 90 days from the original activation or last hardware upgrade date. Hence you'll only be eligible to upgrade on No agreement pricing and you'll have to pay your upgrade by credit card. If not you'll be able to do it in a Fido store and the fee will then be applied on your next invoice Smiley 

Hope this helps

colin05
Ok, just to clarify- even though I am eligible for a hardware upgrade, if I go to an apple store I would have to pay upfront and a Fido store the fee will be applied to my bill?

You will only be charged for the phone in the store if you have recently already upgrade in the last 90 days, if not you will be billed on your invoice once you go in store Smiley

colin05
Thank you for the quick info:)

civic2k12
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

So we can reserve it in an apple store to bring the phone and they will cost 679$ (i7+ Jet Black 128GB) with a 2year contract with fido? OR I need to pay the Phone full price? 

Hey @civic2k12!

You can make an upgrade directly in the Apple store too Smiley 

Apple Stores only process sales on BYOP, Plus17, Plus20, Plus35.

Let me know if you have any other question!