cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4s factory unlock

User0032
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

my mom bought me an iPhone 4s with her fido dollars and paid the remaining amount full in cash from fido (no contract). There was a problem with the iPhone so I went to apple store to let genius tech people look at it and they gave me a replacement phone that is locked to fido (I think the imei also changed). I wanted to have the phone factory unlocked. Do you think fido can do it for me? And how much?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Considering the replacement iPhone was never technically on a contract previously, Fido should be able to unlock it for $50. Just bring it in to Fido and tell them your story.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

Hey everyone!

This thread is quite old yet I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

It is best to have and provide a proof of exchange for unlock request as the history of the initial phone will matter. Why? Because Apple does not update the imei of the new iPhone in the Fido account, so when a customer calls in to unlock the phone Fido has no idea about that imei unless it was used for more than 3 months in the last 6 months or so.

Best thing is to make sure the phone and imei in use are the ones showing in My Account on fido.ca.

Hope it helps!

Cheers