cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not working with phone number

bryngrant
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My problem is that my Imessage wont activate with my phone number only my email 

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoSaira

Hi everyone!

iMessage is an Apple service and we have little control over it.  Is data is enabled in your device settings when you send the message?

You can contact us and we'll take a look at it with you.

Leenac123
I'm a participant level 2

Please advise at your earliest as my iMessage is no longer working since I ported my number to Fido. I was given a temporary number from Fido until the switch was made and I received messages that my iMessage would expire and when I called into Fido, they said that this message was attached to the temporary number and I would have no problems. Well, guess what I now have a problem??? Please advise at your earliest. BTW: My imesssages is turned on but not associated to my my cell number 

Leenac123

My iMessage is no longer working post poring my number over. I was given a temporary number at the time of the switch for 24 hours. I called in and they said this was temporary. I checked my settings and my iMessage is turned on. What do I do? 

Leenac123

Not sure actually if I am addressing the appropriate party as it brought me to this forum. I hope Fido will respond soon. 

Hello Leenac123,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your iMessage. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Many of us are fellow customers of Fido wanting to help others with any information we might be able to share. If you wished a response from Fido, you would need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

That said, has your number been successfully ported over to Fido? Are you able to make/receive calls and send/receive text messages? I understand you were temporarily given another number which which was necessary in order to set-up your line. It appears the issue to which you refer is a glitch Apple has known about for a while now. There have been multiple suggestions on how to resolve the issue (see here, here, and here etc).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi bryngrand and welcome to the Community. Smiley

Have you already tried going in Settings > Messages > Send and receive, scrolling to the bottom, and selecting your number in the Start new conversations from section?

Let me know!