cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI check if provided by fido or after market.

tahangh
I'm a participant level 2

I am buying Iphone SE from a guy. how do I know if the sealed phone is actuly provided by Fido or been bought from after market... I need to be sure before I buy it. The guy sent me the IMEI number for the phone. 

Thank you all

** Edited to add labels **

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @tahangh,

Welcome to the community!

You can contact customer service and provide them with the IMEI number and they can check if it is a Fido phone, they would not be able to tell you where it is from if it is not from them though.

You can also contact Apple and have them check the IMEI number and they might be able to tell you if its factory unlock or if it from a provider.

tahangh
Thank you for replying. Fido customer service closed in the weekend. So as apple and I was planning to get the phone before monday.

Hi @tahang

Welcome to the Community! 

Our customer service is indeed open. You can check out our hours here

I can also send you a PM to check that out for you. 

Let me know. Smiley 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure Customer Service IS OPEN on weekends, just they probably are not 24 hours around the clock.  But they indeed should be open. It would be very bad for a company to have monday to friday service when all the competitors have customer service 7 days a week. I remember phoning them on the weekend so I know they should be open.