cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I transferred a number rom Fido to Fizz to Fido again

NadiaRol
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I ported back to Fizz, used a new SIM card, then came back to Fido because great deal. The transfert back to Fido from Fizz was done. I demanded to keep my same phone number. I got a confirmation Fizz service is terminated, however I still have no Fido network... What's wrong? I did install my first Fido SIM card after they confirmed the transfer... what's next?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello NadiaRol,

Welcome to the community!

If you transferred your services to another provider, upon returning to Fido you will need to obtain a new SIM. Your previous Fido SIM card would not work anymore. Had you requested Fido port your phone number from Fizz? If the port-over was successful, then the process would have automatically cancelled your Fizz line. However, if you hadn't requested your number ported from Fizz and you had them cancel your line, you might need to ask Fizz to temporarily reinstate your line as the number porting process requires an active line from your old provider.

Once you get your new SIM card, it would most likely already be active with your new line. If, however, you order a new SIM card, you may need to update the SIM card information on your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers