cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant use my plan 100% , i cant send and recieve pic without Data .

teacup
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello all .

My plan is # Unlimited incoming out Call .

# 50 text/ pic US/Canada or anywhere around world .free incoming unlimited text message .

Problem is that i cant send pic message without data. I'm asked from Fido service support how i can send pic message without data , they told me that # "The functionality of the phone needs data to receive or send pictures"

So i have question to myself why would Fido sell service that their customers cant use without data plan ?

***Edited to add Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@teacup wrote:

Hello all .

My plan is # Unlimited incoming out Call .

# 50 text/ pic US/Canada or anywhere around world .free incoming unlimited text message .

Problem is that i cant send pic message without data. I'm asked from Fido service support how i can send pic message without data , they told me that # "The functionality of the phone needs data to receive or send pictures"

So i have question to myself why would Fido sell service that their customers cant use without data plan ?

Hello Teacup,

Welcome to the forums!

Sending and receiving a MMS does indeed require data to be on. However, you do not need to have a data plan. If you did have a data plan, the data within a MMS does not count against any data allotments (unless roaming). It is simply counted as one of your allotted text/MMS messages.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers